[Kde-imaging] KIPI support in Gwenview

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Sat Apr 10 15:25:48 CEST 2004

Hello,

I just implemented optional KIPI support in Gwenview. KIPI stands for "KDE
Image Plugin Interface", it (will) let KDE image tools share common plugins.
It's being developed by Jesper Pedersen (Kimdaba), Ranchi Raju (Digikam) and
me. You can get if from the KDE CVS, in the kdeextragear-libs-1 module.

To enable KIPI support in Gwenview, regenerate the ./configure script with
"make -f Makefile.cvs" and run "./configure --enable-kipi". This is not
really impressive right now, since the only available plugin is a "hello
world" one, but the framework is here, so it should be possible to
develop/port plugins for KIPI.