[Kde-i18n-fa] Announcement of Change in Language Name for Persian

Arash Bizhan zadeh arashbi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 23:27:03 CET 2008

Regarding the Iranians, I don't give a damn about how people think about us;
the important thing is who we are and what we are, and here it is somebody
joins a projects and at the first step wants to rename it! we are the people
who could not agree on anything and interested in very BIG things ; nothing
less than ruling the universe will satisfy us! Let people die in cold; we
need to participate in putting more garbage in the orbit!
But after all we renamed Khazar to Caspian and we are in the process of
renaming Persian Gulf to Khalij ol  arabie! So why not, some people call us
Persian so let it be Persian!
But still I would say no. Reasons? OK:
1-  It will destroy the whole history and identity of it
2- It is not easy to change it, you can not just go and change the whole
search results in the google and the ML archive; it will be confusing!
3- Thinking about aberu? Yes will give us absolutely positive impression
than after sleeping for some years now we ask for a name change, after all
it is really important!
Last and most important! It will gives us absolutely nothing! IT IS JUST A
NAME! Do some real work and I will shut up!

Regards,
Arash

2008/2/8 Emil Sedgh <emilsedgh at gmail.com>:

> Guys, this is enough please, fighting gives us nothing.
> If you agree with 'Persian', simply raise your hand.
>
> +1 from me
>
> On Saturday 09 February 2008 01:31:27 Arash Bizhan zadeh wrote:
> > I made my points; and you can not assume that I agreed with you just
> > because you answered my mail!
> >
> > 2008/2/8 Mohammad Ebrahim Mohammadi Panah <mebrahim at gmail.com>:
> > > پاسخ اون نامهٔ شما را داده بودم:؟
> > > http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-i18n-fa/2008-February/001242.html
> > > تنها نکته ای که اشاره کرده بودین این بود که خوبه که کار کنیم. البته
> این
> > > را هم گفته بودید که آقای زینی نظرشون روی
> > > Farsi
> > > بوده و بنده پاسخ دادم.
> > > بعد از اون، دیگه نکته ای را مطرح نکردید و با این که مسائلی که مطرح
> کرده
> > > بودید پاسخ داده شده بودند، حتی توی اون دو روز یک کلمه نگفتید که هنوز
> قانع
> > > نشدید.
> > > ؟

> other
> that?!
> > >
> > > --
> > >         Mohammad Ebrahim Mohammadi Panah

You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.