[Kde-i18n-fa] Problems

Arash arashbi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 09:21:38 CEST 2006

Hi Arman,
The guid is pretty old. The farsikde is not that active but:
1- you can install the fonts using ttf-farsiweb package
2- The translation is not upttodate, so maybe they remved the compiled
version of fa
3- KDE team removed cvs in favor of svn so you can use anonsvn.kde.org with
svn ofcourse not svn. You can refer too
http://developer.kde.org/source/anonsvn.html for furthor help.

Regards
ArashB.

On 6/29/06, Arman Ordookhani <arman_o71 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to kde-i18n-fa and I want to translate KDE;
> I read 'FarsiKDE-Translation-HOWTO' but I have several
> problems
> with it :
>
> 1 - In section C I can't download a font from
> linuxiran.org maybe it changed its URL
>
> 2 - In section H the Farsi translation pack Link is
> not point to a valid file. ( There isn't any
> /pub/kde/stable/3.1 directory )
>
> 3 - When I try 'cvs login' or 'cvs co ...' it says
> 'Unknown host anoncvs.kde.org' and I can't get any .PO
> or .POT file via cvs
>
> BTW It seems your guide needs update ( or my computer
> and my ISP!!! ;)
>
> ( I use KDE 3.4.2 Level "b" )
>
> Best Regards

from debian manifesto:
Debian Linux is a brand-new kind of Linux distribution.
Rather than being developed by one isolated individua
l or group, as other distributions of Linux have been developed in the
past, Debian is being developed openly in the spirit of Linux and GNU.