[Kde-i18n-fa] How to print farsi documents

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Fri Sep 17 23:13:08 CEST 2004

On Friday 17 September 2004 20:15, Medi Montaseri wrote:
> I'm also noticing that kwrite(1) cursor positioning is not correct.
> That is while I'm typing
> in Farsi, the cursor is to the far right of the text, but for each
> keystrock, the char is inserted
> to the far left. Effectively what you get is a left justified
> text....
>
> Is this a configuration issue or bug with kwrite(1).

Yes, Kwrite and Kate I think still have problems with BiDi text. There=20
was a bug on KDE relating to this, but the KDE guys wanted input from=20
Persian and Arabic users to fix it for KDE 3.3, and no one gave them=20
any feedback, so they dropped the issue, and didn't fix it.

Kedit should work flawlessly though. It is ofcourse nothing but a very=20
simple editor.

Cheers