[Kde-i18n-fa] last farsi friendly kde?

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Sat May 8 13:48:36 CEST 2004

On Saturday 08 May 2004 13:29, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> On Shanbe 19 Ordibehesht 1383 14:23, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > On Saturday 08 May 2004 10:18, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > Could anybody remember old days we don't have any problem with farsi in
> > > kde?! I am looking for the last version of kde which was farsi
> > > friendly, could anybody remember axactly what was that?
> > > Regards
> > > Arash
> >
> > I remember KDE 3.1.0 worked perfectly well for me. Then I upgraded to KDE
> > 3.1.3 and problems started, the vistual space problems et all.
>
> Then I should be something between 1.0 and 1.3 ....
> I can try 3.1.0

Yeah, I am sure it's somewhere there. Actually it's interesting that a bug-fix
release should intoruce more bugs.

> > But didn't behdad patch it? I haven't tried KDE 3.2 yet, so don't know
> > about it's state, but aren't these problems solved in 3.2?
>
> nope! Behdad's patch was for "zwnj showes as vertical bar" bug, the most
> irritating is line shifting that's still there.

That is really annoying, I started working on face-lifting farsikde.org
website, but couldn't work because of that bug. Right now I am not also
voluntering for KDE-i18n translation work, exatcly because of this bug, cause
I can't use KBabel.

Actualy I have given up on farsi support using the current alphabet and
script. Don't laugh at me please! But During the last month or so, I have
been thinking more of designing a Latin-based script for the Farsi language.
I googled a bit and actualy found a couple of organizations who have already
done it, but I didn't like their proposals; so right now, I am designing my
own Latin-based script for the farsi language, and am using it for my own
communications!! I plan on documenting my own script (which is currently
name-less) and design a keyboard layout and font for it in the summer, and
when that is done, voila, I have my own script!!

FÂRSI RÂ BÂYAD BE LÂTIN NEVEŠT !!!

And ofcourse, this is competely off-topic here!

Cheers

--
<!--  People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is
easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce