[Kde-i18n-fa] found a person!

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Tue Sep 23 20:36:08 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 16:30, Ali Yazdy wrote:

> well, I went there (I mean Dehkhoda institute). and
> met Dr  Setoodeh there. A very very respectable man
> but I think he didn't even touch a keyboard in his
> life. He said to me that their institute have two
> purpose writing Farsi-Farsi language dictionary and
> teaching foreign persons Farsi. So we shouldn't hope
> for their supports. He send me to Rozaneh publications
> where CD version of Loghatnabmeh were  produced. There
> I met someone who worked in Both Loghatnameg and
> Rozaneh institutes. From what she said I understand
> that she is editor of computer books for Rozaneh
> publications. for example "Photoshop in depth" and
> "Internet explorer 6".
> she promise me to help us.
>
> She gave us her email: dehkhoda at chamran.ut.ac.ir
> It is not her personal email but the email of
> Loghatnameh. she said that she works in loghatnameh in
> Saturday, Monday and Wednesday.
> During our short conversation she offer me the words
> barbar for server and khazaneh for cache, but insisted
> that we shouldn't try to change the words
> dramatically. so the new user wont be confused very
> much. she said this was the policy that they used in
> their translations.
>
> thanks
> platoali

Thanks for your immediate action. Maybe we can meet with her and/or others
during the next weeks and then try to reformulate a policy, and publish it
on our site.
However we have to make sure that an expert is a real expert on languages
and not "just a translator" (no offense meant).

Thanks and greetings,
Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project