[Kde-i18n-fa] Farsi Keyboard

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Sat Oct 11 17:17:51 CEST 2003

On Saturday 11 October 2003 10:56, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Friday 10 October 2003 22:33, Seyed M Tabatabai wrote:
> > I have setup CVS, kbabel and farsi keyboard emulation, etc per
> > directions in Farsikde (slackware 9.1).
> >
> > My problem is that I do not  have a physical farsi keyboard.
> >
> > how do you gentlemen type in farsi? do you have 2 keyboards? farsi and
> > english? Have you learned to type using a us layout keyboard?
> >
> > Are you using some type of java ap?
> >
> > what is the easiest way?
> >
> > thanks.
>
> I have just learned to type on a US qwerty keyboard without pasting
> anything to the keyboard.
> Works well :)

Arash Partow's suggestion might work, but I learned that you can type farsi
perfectly on a US qwetry keyboard, without pasting anything. It took me less
than week to become familiar with farsi keyboard, and in less than a month, I
was typing in it as fast as I type english.

Well, my mother was a proffessional typist (she types faster than I speak!!),
and I learned great things about typing from her. One of them, is that a
typist should never look at the keyboard (or keypad as old typists call it).
So, if you are not going to look at it, then what use are the labels? After
all, you shouldn't be looking at it in the first place !!!

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a