[Kde-i18n-fa] FarsiKDE

Hossein S. Zadeh hossein at hossein.bf.rmit.edu.au
Sat May 24 12:39:19 CEST 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> But stiil most of us, like me, don't have that CVS server and that high
> speed internet connection. So although many users like to get rid of
> CDs and managing multiple versions of the same document and backing up
> files and so on, still we just can't do it, and we have to cope living
> without CVS ;-(

Hi there,
Setting up a CVS server is a breeze, takes literally less than 5 minutes
(most distros already come with it).

Regarding connection speed: the reason CVS is so efficient in bandwidth
use is that it only transfer "diff" of files. You can even set CVS to use
compression (remember diff files are highly compressible), and you'll be
hardly using any bandwidth at all. The only time CVS uses the same
bandwidth as other forms of download (FTP, etc.) is during the initial
module checkout.

Hossein