[Kde-i18n-fa] farsi in RedHat 9

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Tue May 6 09:47:21 CEST 2003

On Monday 05 May 2003 21:29, Rapheal Kaplan wrote:

>   I have exerience with RedHat 8 and Farsi.  Here's
> what you need to know most about:
>
>   Use KDE
>
>   You can use the Farsi keyboard set up that comes
> with RedHat 8, but in order to do so, you need to go
> to the KDE control panel, select Peripherals/Keyboard
> and in the Options tab, make sure you select a "Group
> shift/lock behavior" key.  I chose the menu key for
> example for all my clients.
>
>   For fonts, I recommend using this project as a guide
> http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/ .

We have extracted and packaged those together that work with Farsi. You can
find them under the download section of linuxiran.org!

>   I have not seccessfully got Farsi to print yet.  If
> you figure it out, please let me know.

We have had this before :) Normal printing works, it just doesn't work if you
want to create PDF files for example, right?

Please reply to the LinuxIran mailing list only.

Thanks,
Arash

> --- Ali Korangi <korangi at iftiz.org.ir> wrote:
> > Hi
> > I am a new member in this list.
> > I am using Red Hat as web server and sometime as
> > client OS.
> > I had downloaded Red Hat 9 last week and work with
> > it these days.
> > I would like to ask about writing Farsi message in
> > linux. Do you have any
> > experience?
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> >
> > Regards,