[Kde-i18n-fa] Instructions

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:57:35 +0200

On Friday 28 March 2003 21:56, Ali Bahar wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 12:23:52AM +0430, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > On Friday 28 March 2003 23:04, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > > case) with the distro, they would configure it to work with both of
> > > these *diffrent* devices, printer and display.
> >
> > is there on X's side. Therefore a real integration as you expect for KDE
> > and display and printing of Farsi does not happen.
>
> This was my understanding as well.
>
> Furthermore, I know for a fact that external printing (ie to a printer
> device, not just to a previewer) will _not_ work. The printer has to
> have the relevant fonts.

I still disagree.
I think if SuSE ships a font, with it's distro, all it's fonts are configured
to do both typing a,d printing. SuSE or RedHat won't ship a font that no one
is able to print with them

All this fuss about KDE being not that much integrated might be true (though I
don't agree), but it is still irrelevant.

Cheers

--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */