[Kde-i18n-fa] Instructions

Arash Zeini kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 00:23:52 +0430

On Friday 28 March 2003 23:04, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> On Friday 28 March 2003 20:09, Ali Bahar wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 07:50:12PM +0200, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > > This I think shows that the problem is not font related.
> >
> > The conclusion does not necessarily follow. Nonetheless, you may be
> > right. I just presented my recollection of how things work.
>
> Just to make th=C4=B1ngs clear: Atleast from my point of view:
>
> My conclusion, is based on the assumption that I think, if SuSE, RedHat,
> Mandrake, or whatever distro, ships a particular font (clearlyu in this
> case) with the distro, they would configure it to work with both of these
> *diffrent* devices, printer and display.

Not really. Let's say fonts are just there, they are not really configured =
for=20
anything. And AFAIK KDE does not come with any fonts. It just uses whatever=
=20
is there on X's side. Therefore a real integration as you expect for KDE an=
d=20
display and printing of Farsi does not happen.
Unfortunaltely.

Arash

=2D-=20
The FarsiKDE Project