[Kde-i18n-fa] Printing on Red Hat

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:01:46 +0200

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 07:23, Arash Zeini wrote:

> > Cheers
>
> I am not sure if this is correct. I/we have been printing Farsi in KDE all
> the time. We use KWord for creating Farsi documents and printing works just
> fine. I personally use the lprng tool for printing. It's very good.
> As to creating PDF documents in Farsi: We have tried this too, but with
> limited success. However we didn't try it with KDE 3.1. If you are
> interestd in trying this out, do the following:
> Create a Farsi document with KWord. Then open the Print dialog. In the
> first section go to the dropdown boxwhere you can choose the printer and
> select the option "Print to file (PDF)" and see how it works.

Arash, I'm telling you, printing to file (nither PS nor PDF) is not working.
That's the same with "Print Preview".( I don't have a printer here, but I
guess that would be the same for actual printing ) I tried this with KEdit,
KWord, and Kate. Only english characters printed.

PS: Can you please upload those sreenshots of my Mini Farsi KDE Translation
Howto, on linuxiran.org! and give a URL for them to me? That owuld enable me
to post the Howto on the website.

Cheers

--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */