[Kde-i18n-fa] Re: Farsi Language Screenshots

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Tue Jul 1 02:36:48 CEST 2003

On Monday 30 June 2003 03:23, Arash Partow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The screen-shots look great, if you guyz need a mirror to links and
> what not i've
> got about 20mb space available.

Arash,

Long time no see! We missed you dude!

Thanks for your generous offer. However, these files are hosted on KDE
servers and not our servers, thus there should be no reason to mirror
them.

Having said that, there are other things that we need some space for
them, we certainly will take advantage of that 20 MB of yours.

> One other thing i think some of the brackets in some of the text is
> not complimented.
> I'm not sure if its a typo or a bug.

I don't think I get what you mean here. But if you mean those
parentheses, then I have to say that yes, sadly things get mixed up
when parentheses are used. This is a bug, which as far as I know has
not been investigated thoroughly.

OT PS: This should into bna-linuxiran mailing list, however as I am not
sure wether you are a member or not, I thought I would risk getting
flamed, and ask it here.

You once told me that Java does support Farsi, and that you were
involved in the team which was working on the internationalization of
java. However, I have searched all the documents on can find on Sun's
Java website (BTW did I tell you that Sun's website sucks ?) and can't
find anything usefull there. There are docs, covering Japanese and
chinese languages, but nothing about Arabic and Farsi. And I haven't
yet been able to type farsi in java applications in Linux. are you
aware of any docs/howto/guide which can help me in this regard ?

Cheers
--
/* This sig has been ROT26 encrypted. Reading it is
unlawful under the terms of the DMCA.*/