[Kde-i18n-fa] farsi font

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:15:32 +0330

On Friday 24 January 2003 13:22, mohammad soroushian wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using RedHat 8.0 and Mandrake 9.0 (in a multiple
> boot  system). I have chosen Farsi in both OSs, but no
> farsi font appeared. (I installed some additional
> Farsi Fonts).
> Is it possible to use Farsi Fonts in Linux? If yes,
> How? A lot of thanks in advance,

=D9=8CWell, Windows Farsi fonts use standards that are not recognized in  G=
NU/Linux=20
and KDE. To be able to read and write in farsi, KDE currently supports utf-=
8=20
(Unicode) standard, so you shall use Unicode fonts, in orther to use farsi.=
=20
The best Unicode font currently is Arial Unicode MS, which is downloadable=
=20
from resource section of FarsiKDE website. there are also other Unicode=20
fonts, such as clearlyu and newspaper, but are not of high quality.

 Ofcourse, with a font editor program,   it is possible to Unicode all=20
existing Farsi fonts, but this needs time. I am willing to make some unicod=
e=20
farsi fonts in near future, but I can always use a hand.

Cheers
=2D-=20
/* If you don't fight for your freedom,
* you don't deserve it. */