[Kde-i18n-fa] Kbabel does not start

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Thu Dec 4 19:54:26 CET 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 19:31, Ali Yazdi wrote:
> Hi
> till yesterday kbabel was working great for me. but when I installed
> qcad with apt-get it did not begin at all. when I click the kbabel
> Icon, the splash screen shows itself and then a messege apeares  and
> says that kbabel is  broken.
>
> I don't know what is the reason but apt-get have insalled a few qt
> pakages. I have also removed and reinstalled the kbabel from cd but
> the problem resisted till know. does anybody knows any solution?

My guess. During your 'installking some qt packages' you have changed/
upgraded your qt. Now some KDE applications have problems working with
the new qt.

Soloution: compile kde with the new qt, or find a place which hosts kde
packages compiled with the same qt that you now have.

Easy soloution: for the most part, recompiling just kbabel should work.

Cheers
> platoali

/*  Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, etc are all loans from the public
domain. They are not a property ('intellectual' or otherwise.) */