Fwd: String/Feature freeze exception request

Ismael Asensio isma.af at gmail.com
Mon May 27 22:02:02 BST 2024

Hello dear devs and translation teams!

I'd like to request a string freeze exception to cherry-pick this MR into
6.1:
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kdeplasma-addons/-/merge_requests/589

The MR adds a new placeholder item (and therefore 3 new strings) to
the weather applet, in case we fail to retrieve the forecast report due to
server errors in the provider.

Otherwise, the applet will look broken, giving many users a suboptimal
experience.

This just transpired now due to some recent changes in the US Weather
Service provider (noaa), which may make it fail. It was a very bad timing
that it just happend the first weekend after the 6.1 beta freeze.

The full fix will require bigger changes to port our provider to use their
new API.

Nate Graham already gave a +1 to the exception on the plasma size
(
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kdeplasma-addons/-/merge_requests/589#note_951996
)
As I am not subscribed to the i18n mailing list, please use "Reply All"
rather than "Reply List".

Thanks!

-----
P.S. Please, excuse the double post on plasma-devel, I didn't set the right
address for the i18n mailing list