Fixes and changes to Lokalize, request for feedback

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Fri Jul 26 09:43:01 BST 2024

fin-w at tutanota.com skreiv 26.07.2024 04:30:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for your feedback Karl. How do you think the new screenshot looks?

I think it looks really good!

One minor thing: There’s an extra (empty) line at the bottom of each
entry. This is also present in the old/current version of Lokalize, but
as the entries are already separated by ‘zebra stripes’, is it necessary
to have it? Perhaps you can try removing it, so that more entries are
visible?

> I've made the text colour in the diff switch between white and black,
> whatever is calculated to be a better contrast against the background
> colour. I can instead try to look into the positive and negative
> colours you mention, but it looks like it's a Kirigami feature
> https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kirigami/html/classKirigami_1_1Platform_1_1PlatformTheme.html#a41239a560f31c0e8ac309f276d016319
> and Lokalize doesn't use Kirigami I don't think, so I'm not yet sure
> if there's a way to use the colours.

I think it’s a normal KColorScheme feature, not Kirigami-specific. See
the PositiveText and PositiveBackground (and Negative*) enumerators here:
https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kcolorscheme/html/classKColorScheme.html

> I can confirm that the percentages are rounded down so even 99.99%
> renders as 99%. Anything above 99.99% is treated as 100% (the code is
> using the numbers 0-10000 instead of decimals, behind the scenes).

That’s good.

> I can look into making something clickable, but I don't think the
> keyboard shortcut text is big enough to be a button. It's a good idea
> though, since currently neither clicking nor double clicking enters
> the translation from TM into current translation target text.

Having the *entire* field/box clickable would be OK. But it should be
possible to select part of the text (for copying to the clipboard)
without this being counted as a click.

But this feature is not *very* important. Usually, we’re not taking our
hands off the keyboard when we’re using Lokalize. :)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer