core translation files

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 30 23:21:40 BST 2023

El divendres, 28 de juliol de 2023, a les 9:27:41 (CEST), Petros Vidalis va
escriure:
> Hello,
> I have some questions about the translations process.
>
> I'm wondering if there are some core translation files where the
> translation team must give them priority?

That's up to you, there's nothing more core than what you care about. Do you
want to have KTuberling translated as first thing? Then that's your core file.

Usually the frameworks are relatively core because many apps use them, but
sincerely i'd suggest you start translating what you most use/care about. And
then figure out which libraries that uses and also translate those.

> And finally if it would be smart to focus on trunk branch of KDE6 instead
> of KDE5?

Depends on your time frame, initial releases on Qt6 are predicted for end of
the year/beginning of 2024, if you want to have something translated earlier,
then focus on KF5 otherwise maybe KF6 is fine.