Re: Missing parts of translatable string in ‘Welcome’ app

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Mon Jul 10 13:10:31 BST 2023

Karl Ove Hufthammer skreiv 05.07.2023 11:34:
> See the old discussion quoted below. I have now found a few more
> strings with the same problem. The QML file at
> https://invent.kde.org/libraries/kirigami-addons/-/blob/master/src/mobileform/AboutKDE.qml#L99
> has this multiline string:

I have created a merge request to fix these strings in kirigami-addons:
https://invent.kde.org/libraries/kirigami-addons/-/merge_requests/119

It turns out that xgettext (used by the ‘Messages.sh’ scripts) also
issues a warning for such invalid(?) strings:

    filename.qml:linenumber: warning: unterminated string literal

But as long these warnings are not being read, this doesn’t help much. :/

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer