Which Islamic calendar is commonly used?

Mohi Mirdamadi mohi.pub at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 07:53:32 GMT 2023

Hello,

In Iran the official calendar that is being used is the Persian or Jalali
"Solar" Calendar which is commonly called "Hijri Shamsi" and was used as an
alternate calendar until KDE 4. This option no longer exists.

Although the start day of this calendar is based on an Islamic event and
has the same date as the Lunar Islamic calendar, the "Hijri Shamsi" is a
"Solar" calendar and is not an Islamic calendar.

You can find the Qt documentations in the following link:
https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qjalalicalendar.html

Regards
Mohi
Persian LoCo Team