pology: reStructuredText rules are ready

Antoni Bella Pérez antonibella5 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 20:01:53 GMT 2023

dimarts, 28 de febrer de 2023, a les 10:23:45 (CET), Freek de Kruijf va
escriure:
> There are a few, what I call false positives.
> 1. Checking commented lines at the end of a .po file should be skipped in my
> view.

Maybe it can be done from the settings, but right now I don't know how to do
it.

> 2. The English text sometimes does not have a space after the bold indicator
> **, but this is flagged in the translated text.

I assume you mean the end bold markup:
  1. I try to be conservative when detecting English regexp, but a rule is not
work well if you are not specific to how it is writted in your language.
  (\.|[,;:!]|\»|\-|\)|\s|$)
period|comma|semicolon|colon|exclamation mark|closing guillemet mark|hyphen|
closing parenthesis|space|end of line
   * This works well in Catalan, and when other myspelled are cleaned up it
can be improved.

  2. For requesting something, I would like to capture the source link, so I
can confirm that it is the same or has been located.

> 3. In Dutch we have constructions of words without a space, where in English
> these words are separated. In English one of the words is bold, so an
> obvious construction in Dutch would be **word**-second_word, so character
> minus should be allowed after * and **.

  1. The commented line hints the possibility that there are pastings -
without a hyphen:
# valid msgstr="\*\*(concept|bestand|gebied|lijnen|schuifregelaar|sbestand|
weergave)

  * I see your changes:
-msgstr "**PDF**bestand."
+msgstr "**PDF**-bestand."

-msgstr "**Afbeelding**sbestand."
+msgstr "**Afbeeldingsbestand**."

> 4. In English ":menuselection:`some_text` menu item." often appears at the
> end of a sentence. In Dutch this part is "menu-item
> :menuselection:`some_text`." So no space but a dot after character "`".

This is the same behavior as in Catalan.

Status
*****
Tested without errors in:
ca/messages/digikam-doc/
ca/messages/documentation-docs-kdenlive-org/
ca/messages/websites-docs-krita-org/
nl/messages/digikam-doc/
nl/messages/documentation-docs-kdenlive-org/

Send me any error output that you get (but i should see them in my svn copy
too).

  Regards
  Toni
--
Dubta que les estrelles siguin foc.
Dubta que el Sol es mogui.

No se n'ha de posar massa
	- A grandmother on the TV show "Las recetas de Julie"