pology: reStructuredText rules are ready

Freek de Kruijf freekdekruijf at kde.nl
Tue Feb 28 09:23:45 GMT 2023

Op dinsdag 28 februari 2023 02:28:48 CET schreef Antoni Bella Pérez:
>   Hi,
>
>   I made some changes and now they detect everything.
>
>     ADVERTENCE: They may highlight some mistakes in English copy.
> (I'll try to fix them this morning)
>
> <https://invent.kde.org/sdk/pology/-/blob/master/lang/ca/rules/
> restructuredtext.rules>
>
>   Ready for (tested in 'ca' and 'nl' languages):
> - digikam-doc/
> - documentation-docs-kdenlive-org/
> - websites-docs-krita-org
>
>   Use:
>
> posieve check-rules  -s rfile:pology/lang/ca/rules/restructuredtext.rules
> ca/ messages/digikam-doc/
>
>   Regards
>   Toni

There are a few, what I call false positives.
1. Checking commented lines at the end of a .po file should be skipped in my
view.
2. The English text sometimes does not have a space after the bold indicator
**, but this is flagged in the translated text.
3. In Dutch we have constructions of words without a space, where in English
these words are separated. In English one of the words is bold, so an obvious
construction in Dutch would be **word**-second_word, so character minus should
be allowed after * and **.
4. In English ":menuselection:`some_text` menu item." often appears at the end
of a sentence. In Dutch this part is "menu-item :menuselection:`some_text`."
So no space but a dot after character "`".

--

fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf
vertaler/coördinator van KDE