String changes across various applications

Sune Stolborg Vuorela sune at vuorela.dk
Thu Dec 21 09:29:50 GMT 2023

Hi

Since yesterday, https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kio/-/merge_requests/1503
was landed.
That requires sudden string changes across some applications. I don't know
about the impact.

The string change needed in Okular is here:
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/okular/-/merge_requests/881 - just a single
string.

plasma-nm is also affected with some handful of strings.

But I don't know how many apps are affected like this.

This is mostly a heads-up that at least one string change will happen like
now, very much post string-freeze.

/Sune
--
I didn’t stop pretending when I became an adult, it’s just that when I was a
kid I was pretending that I fit into the rules and structures of this world.