i18n breaks KStars build

Oliver Kellogg olivermkellogg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 14:20:37 GMT 2023

Albert wrote:

> The update of the docbooks is manual and whoever updates them has to check
> they commit a compiling doc, and i'm relatively sure our scripts do it
> correctly, so i'd like to know the workflow that Freek uses because he's
> either using some custom scripts that don't do this correctly or our scripts
> need improving.

When I ran `l10n-scripty/update_xml --nodelete nl kstars`, I got:

[...]
po2xml documentation/kstars/kstars/index.docbook nl/docmessages/kstars/kstars.po
A         nl/docs/kstars/kstars/index.docbook
index.docbook:422: element link: validity error : Element link does
not carry attribute linkend
&commands;    <!--Command Reference-->
         ^
warning: failed to load external entity "ekos-capture.docbook"
warning: failed to load external entity "ekos-focus.docbook"
index.docbook:289: element link: validity error : IDREF attribute
linkend references an unknown ID "ekos-capture"
index.docbook:137: element link: validity error : IDREF attribute
linkend references an unknown ID "ekos-capture"
index.docbook:348: element link: validity error : IDREF attribute
linkend references an unknown ID "ekos-capture"
index.docbook:630: element link: validity error : IDREF attribute
linkend references an unknown ID "ekos-focus"
kf.doctools.core: Error: `xmllint --noout` outputted text

What I find confusing are the line numbers given:
index.docbook:422  points to the &commands;    <!--Command Reference-->
but that is not helpful, we are not told what the actual offending line is.
The line numbers for the link validity errors (289,137,348,630) do not
make sense for index.docbook.

On the other hand,
$ egrep 'linkend="ekos-(capture|focus)"' nl/docs/kstars/kstars/*.docbook
nl/docs/kstars/kstars/ekos-guide.docbook:288:> selecteren. Standaard
moet Ekos het volgvakje tot aan 3 pixels toe ditheren (&ie;
verplaatsen) na N frame die
in de <link linkend="ekos-capture"
nl/docs/kstars/kstars/ekos-scheduler.docbook:136:>bestand: Het
sequentiebestand wordt samengesteld in de<link linkend="ekos-capture"
nl/docs/kstars/kstars/ekos-scheduler.docbook:347:>Lees het rijbestand
in in de <link linkend="ekos-capture"
nl/docs/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer.docbook:629:>In de <link linkend="ekos-focus"

Perhaps those line numbers can help.

-Oliver