translation updates in Krusader stable branch

Nikita Melnichenko nikita+kde at melnichenko.name
Wed Oct 19 08:37:37 BST 2022

Hi Localization team,

I'm a release manager for the Krusader app and I'm preparing for the
minor version release. Today I have updated the 'stable' branch, which
will be used for the initial .0 release and subsequent patch version
releases. I'll notify about string freeze and doc freeze stage later.
For now I have a couple questions regarding pulling translations for the
release.

 1. 'stable' branch is currently getting automated translation updates
    for .desktop and .appdata.xml files. I've noticed that 'master'
    started to get po and handbook translations. Can you help set up
    similar updates for the 'stable' branch content? The content of
    'master' and 'stable' will deviate and we need to support
    translations of both versions.
 2. We previously used
    <https://invent.kde.org/utilities/krusader/-/blob/master/doc/development/release-howto.md#create-tarball>
    kde-dev-scripts/createtarball/create_tarball_kf5.rb script to fetch
    translations and create a tarball. Since po and handbook
    translations are now being synced to the repository and I noticed
    the script is vanished from kde-dev-scripts, I wonder if any extra
    steps are needed to get the latest translations for the release on
    the release date.

Thanks,
Nikita.