Moving towards SPDX Compliant Copyright Statements in PO Files

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:11:01 GMT 2022

Hi,

Le mer. 9 nov. 2022 à 18:54, Andreas Cord-Landwehr <cordlandwehr at kde.org> a
écrit :

> Hi Josep,
>
> thank you for the feedback! So I understand, the typical use case is that
> are
> is usually only one (active) translator per PO file. So, for those files
> we do
> not have to bother with old format copyright statements and simply can
> switch.

Not necessary. For example, when there are bugs, it's not always the usual
translator that fixes it.

For French team, I don't think we have any issue with the change. Can there
be any issue with teams using the summit worflow?
On my side, I think it would be nice at some point to have a script that
applies the change to all the po files in KDE to use the SPDX statements so
we don"t have the discrepancy with unmaintained files.

Cheers,

Johnny

Regarding your concerns:
> 1) At least for Lokalize it should be super easy to provide it via Flatpak
> and
> similar tools to enable translators on older/slower moving distros to
> easily
> use a modern version once PO files default to SPDX format.
> 2) If we have old and new copyright format in the same file or even with
> statements of the same author, this should be easily to fix by an update
> script. I can gladly support/provide such a script to help in this
> conversion.

At the moment, my main concern is to get the needed applications ready to