Telugu Translation for KDE Applications and Tools

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat May 28 11:17:33 BST 2022

El divendres, 27 de maig de 2022, a les 18:52:33 (CEST), Vivekanand Koya va escriure:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I am interested in translating some KDE tools and applications in Telugu.

Great :)

> I want to learn how I can help translate these applications.

We do maintain our translations using a tool named svn (short for subversion), but for now, we can omit that part.

Since there's no one currently working on Telugu translations what we need to do is get you a contributor account so you can work on it on your own.

For getting translators a contributor account, we require them to translate a substantial amount of text, what we require is the kdecore, kio and kxmlgui libraries, that are used by lots applications, so translating them first makes lots of sense.

They have been partially translated to Telugu already but not a lot, here are the links to the existing translations (translations are done using .po files)

https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/te/kcoreaddons/
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/te/kxmlgui/
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/te/kio/

Please translate those files as closely to 100% as you can and send them to me in private (no need to send them to everyone in this mailing list) and we will continue from there.

The tool we usually suggest to work with .po files is https://apps.kde.org/lokalize/ but feel free to use any .po (or even .txt editor if you really really really know what you're doing) you like.

Best Regards,
  Albert

PS: I am also CC'ing Sripath Roy Koganti which was the last person that worked on Telugu KDE translations [that was already more than 2 years ago] in case they want to mention something else