Commiting files Bulgarian translation

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Wed Jun 29 20:20:28 BST 2022

Mincho Kondarev skreiv 29.06.2022 18:08:
> I have changed and added  multiple files and folders and performed the command
> "svn -ci" in base directory. Is that sufficient? According to Quick SVN guide is
> the command "add"  for the new files and folder necessary.  I'll be very
> thankful for any guidelines.

I assume you mean ‘svn ci’, i.e., without the dash (or ‘svn commit’).
That’s correct. And you’ll have to ‘svn add’ any *new* files and folders
that you want to include in the commit first.

Typing ‘svn status’ will show you which files have been modified or
created *at your end*. Example:

?       kpat/kpat._desktop_.po
M       kpat/kpat.po

This means that kpat/kpat.po has been *modified* by you and will be
included in the next commit, while kpat/kpat._desktop_.po is a *new*
file (created by you) and will *not* be included in the this commit. So
you have to type ‘svn add kpat/kpat._desktop_.po’ if you want to include
in the commit. It’s always a good idea to type ‘svn status’ to see what
you’re about to (not) commit.

Usually, I’m lazy and just type ‘svn status | xargs svn add’ to add
*all* new files and folders. And I ignore the tons of warnings/errors
produced by that command … But if you want to avoid the warnings/errors
(probably a good idea), something like this should work (create an alias
for it in your ~/.bashrc):

svn status | awk '/^?/{print $2}' | xargs svn add

BTW, you can see what you have committed at the web interface for SVN
server:
https://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/l10n-kf5/bg/

This is your latest commit (which modified *one* file):
https://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1627320

And here are the text changes introduced in this commit:
https://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/l10n-kf5/bg/messages/kde-cli-tools/kcmshell5.po?r1=1627320&r2=1627319&pathrev=1627320

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer