Using MathML for formulas in docbook

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 20:49:04 BST 2022

Hi,

After discussing with a French contributor translating KStars, we noticed
that some formulas were stored as images where we can potentially use
MathML formulas to display them.

There is the <equation> tag that do not require MathML but some of the
formulas use fractions (
https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/blob/master/doc/lambda_ex.png for
example) and I didn't find how to display them the same without MathML.

Is there any existing docbook that uses MathML? If I understand correctly,
the way to tell we use MathML is using a specific doctype (
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/MathML.html) but as we already
customized one for KDE, it may not be easy to do it.

Cheers,

Johnny