translating kde.org website to Arabic

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Wed Jan 12 23:07:41 GMT 2022

Le lundi 10 janvier 2022 à 4:21 PM, Zayed Al-Saidi <zayed.alsaidi at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I would like to localize the www.kde.org to Arabic. I start translating websites-kde-org folder, especially the promo.po and menu_shared.po. What is next?
Hi,

That's great! There is also this pot file: https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/websites-aether-sass/
that contains all the shared translations for the KDE websites using Hugo
as well as kde.org homepage.

I would also recommend looking into translating https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/websites-apps-kde-org/
since it is relatively small and will make it possible to display translations
for every already translated appstream file from the apps.

> Also, Arabic is Right-to-Left language which need special CSS proprieties, Can HUGO accept CSS file per language?

I can take care of the right to left changes. Hugo can accept changing changing
any properties on a per-language basis. I will just need to add a new special
properties and change the default value for Arabic. I'm going to take care of that
this weekend if nobody beat me to it.

Cheers,
Carl