Migrating Pology to Python 3

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 12:13:25 GMT 2022

Hi,

I've spotted an issue when using posieve with check_rules or check-spell
and wanted to output in xml.
https://invent.kde.org/sdk/pology/-/blob/python3/sieve/check_rules.py#L211
does not like the decode().
The same exists in
https://invent.kde.org/sdk/pology/-/blob/python3/sieve/check_spell.py#L116

I'm not sure if only removing the " .decode(locale.getpreferredencoding() "
or how to replace it to keep this functionality.

Cheers,

Johnny