[GCompris] String freeze for release 3.0

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 08:13:43 GMT 2022

 Hi,

We have entered the string freeze for GCompris 3.0!
Please get your translations ready before January 16th 12:00 CET.
We plan to do the release on January 18th.

The changelog is available in https://phabricator.kde.org/T15438:
* There are 8 new activities:
- Mouse click training (Samarth Raj)
- Represent a fraction given its value (Johnny Jazeix)
- Find a fraction from its representation (Johnny Jazeix)
- Morse code (Souradeep Barua/Johnny Jazeix)
- Compare numbers (Aastha Chauhan, Johnny Jazeix)
- Find the ten's complement of numbers (Samarth Raj)
- Swap the numbers to create pairs equal to ten (Samarth Raj)
- Use a ten's complement to simplify the operation (Samarth Raj, Johnny
Jazeix)

For all the activities (except ten's complement which are in progress),
Timothée Giet reworked the graphics and layouts to fit in GCompris
guidelines.

As other major changes, Ukrainian voices have been recorded and integrated
by "Save the children" NGO and the map of Spain has been added in
geo-country activity by Jesús Espino.

There are around 100 new strings and 100 fuzzy ones compared to the
previous release (
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/po/gcompris_qt.po/).

You can find the files to translate at:
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kf5/po/#gcompris (please double check
in https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/po/#gcompris if the files are
not more complete/recent).
Apart from the main file
(https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kf5/po/gcompris_qt.po/), it
would be great to have translations for those two files if they are not
already translated in your language:
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kf5/po/org.kde.gcompris.appdata.po/
and
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kf5/po/gcompris._desktop_.po/

If you have more time, feel free to check the translation of the website:
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/po/gcompris-net.po/

Also, if you would like to record missing voices for your language, this is
a good time to do it (https://gcompris.net/voicestats/ for the next release
status).

You can test the beta version with these packages:

* GNU/Linux 32bit:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/linux/beta/gcompris-qt-3.0-Linux.sh
(md5sum:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/linux/beta/gcompris-qt-3.0-Linux.sh.md5.txt
<https://gcompris.net/download/qt/linux/beta/md5sum-2.0-beta-Linux64.txt>)

* Windows 32bit:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/windows/beta/gcompris-qt-3.0-win32.exe
(md5sum:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/windows/beta/gcompris-qt-3.0-win32.exe.md5)

* Android 32bit:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/android/beta/GCompris-Android-release-signed-aligned-armeabi-v7a-dl-3.0-beta.apk
(md5sum:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/android/beta/GCompris-Android-release-signed-aligned-armeabi-v7a-dl-3.0-beta.apk.md5
)

* Sources: https://gcompris.net/download/qt/src/beta/gcompris-qt-3.0.tar.xz
(md5sum:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/src/beta/gcompris-qt-3.0.tar.xz.md5)

Thank you all for helping to provide GCompris in multiple languages all
around the world!

Timothée & Johnny