String freeze for GCompris release 2.0

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:13:57 BST 2021

 Hi,

We have entered the string freeze for GCompris 2.0!
Please get your translations ready before December 15th 12:00 CET.
We plan to do the release on December 17th.

The changelog is available in https://phabricator.kde.org/T14888:
* Most of the 15 new activities have been done by our 2 GSoC students,
Mariam Fahmy and Harsh Kumar:
  - baby_mouse -> new activity for younger children to have different
feedback on actions like moving the mouse, pressing a button... (Mariam)
  - oware, against computer or with a friend -> traditional African game
from the Mancala family of board games (Harsh)
  - path encoding in absolute or relative mode -> give Tux directions so he
can go between two cases of a grid, either from an absolute point of view,
or the relative point of view of Tux (Harsh)
  - path decoding in absolute or relative mode -> create a given path
between two cases of a grid, either from an absolute point of view, or the
relative point of view of Tux (Harsh)
  - learn quantities -> count how many items are needed to represent a
quantity (Timothée)
  - learn decimal numbers -> move bits of bars representing one unit to
recreate a number (Mariam)
  - learn decimal additions -> move bits of bars representing a number to
recreate a sum (Mariam)
  - learn decimal subtractions -> remove bits of bars representing a number
to recreate a subtraction (Mariam)
  - ordering activities: numbers, letters, sentences -> to order numbers,
letters or reorder words to make a correct sentence (Harsh/Emmanuel)
  - positions -> describe the relative position of an object (Mariam)

* A lot of usability improvements, fixes and graphic updates.

There are around 500 new strings and 370 fuzzy ones compared to the
previous release.

You can find the files to translate at:
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kf5/po/#gcompris (please double check
in https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/po/#gcompris if the files are
not more complete/recent).
Apart from the main file
(https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kf5/po/gcompris_qt.po/), it
would be great to have translations for those two files if they are not
already translated in your language:
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kf5/po/org.kde.gcompris.appdata.po/
and
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/stable-kf5/po/gcompris._desktop_.po/

If you have more time, feel free to check the translation of the website:
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/po/gcompris-net.po/

Also, if you would like to record missing voices for your language, this is
a good time to do it (https://gcompris.net/voicestats/ for the next release
status).

You can test the beta version with these packages (translations have been
taken from trunk branch):

* GNU/Linux 64bit:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/linux/beta/gcompris-qt-2.0-beta-Linux64.sh
(md5sum: https://gcompris.net/download/qt/linux/beta/md5sum-2.0-beta-Linux64
<https://gcompris.net/download/qt/linux/beta/md5sum-2.0-beta-Linux64.txt>
.txt
<https://gcompris.net/download/qt/linux/beta/md5sum-2.0-beta-Linux64.txt>)

* Windows 32bit:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/windows/beta/gcompris-qt-2.0-beta-win32-gcc.exe
(md5sum:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/windows/beta/md5sum-2.0-beta-windows32.txt)

* Android 32bit:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/android/beta/GCompris-Android-release-signed-aligned-armeabi-v7a-dl-2.0-beta.apk
(md5sum:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/android/beta/md5sum-2.0-beta-android32.txt)

* Sources:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/src/beta/gcompris-qt-2.0-beta.tar.xz
(md5sum:
https://gcompris.net/download/qt/src/beta/md5sum-2.0-beta-sources.txt)

Thank you all for helping to provide GCompris in multiple languages all
around the world!

Timothée & Johnny