How language definition of singular and plural is defined/changed in subversion scripts

Matjaž Jeran matjaz.jeran at amis.net
Thu Mar 18 21:40:05 GMT 2021

Hi,

I have maintained the trunk collection of Slovenian translations for KF5.
Slovenian does have some peculiar characteristics not found in the majority of other languages such as not only singular and plural but also dual and two forms of plural.

Because of the the initial string in the .po file is different then most of other.  The poEdit suggests the following string

"Plural-Forms: nplurals=4; plural=(n%100==1 ? 0 : n%100==2 ? 1 : n%100>=3 && n"
"%100<=4 ? 2 : 3);\n"

I notice that if some error or change is detected in some .po file
than this string is sometimes changed to

"Plural-Forms: nplurals=4; plural=(n%100==1 ? 1 : n%100==2 ? 2 : n%100==3 || n"
"%100==4 ? 3 : 0);\n"

I can not explain in which cases this happens and when not.

Should I report that as bug somewhere?

Cheers
Matjaž