Become a coordinator

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Jun 17 22:57:25 BST 2021

Selyan ha scritto:
> Hello,
> Now I have a developer account, I would like to know what is the next step to
> create the kabyle team and become a coordinator, and also where it sends the
> translated po files (make commits).
> I am lost in the documentation of kde.

Hi,
if I understand it correctly, you have now commit access and Albert committed
the first files that you translated:
https://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1600841

So you are now the coordinator for the kabyle team.

If you need a mailing list to coordinate the language, please ask, we can
easily set it up.

If you need some of us to blog about the kabyle language so that new
translators can join, that can be done as well (if you have a blog, you can
also add it to planet.kde.org, if you want).

As for committing the files, I guess you have already checked the translation
HOWTO. I reckon it may require some improvements. The relevant section is:
https://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/resources.html

I can also point you to these blog posts from a fellow translator:
https://rabbitictranslator.com/wordpress/index.php/2020/01/19/contributing-to-kde-localization/

https://rabbitictranslator.com/wordpress/index.php/2020/02/24/contributing-to-kde-simple-localization/

Of course if you have more specific questions, please ask.

Ciao
--
Luigi