Translations in Lao language

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sun Jan 31 23:39:32 GMT 2021

Sylvain Dorey ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to work on translations for Lao language, to start using Krita in
> workshops in Laos.
>
> It seems that there is no team for this language, can I start one?

Hello and welcome!

Please note that krita (like many other projects) also use strings from other
libraries, so translating krita alone is not going to cover the whole UI.

For example, the following Frameworks are listed as dependencies:
KConfig, KWidgetsAddons, KCompletion, KCoreAddons,   KGuiAddons, KI18n,
KItemModels, KItemViews, KWindowSystem

(see https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt#L287 )

I've explained the steps a few days ago and the suggestions still apply to
your case, so please go through this e-mail
:
https://marc.info/?l=kde-i18n-doc&m=161178286802908&w=2

Please complete the translations of KCoreAddons and another 2 frameworks used
by Krita, and send them to me so that I can double check them and enable the
new language, so then we can request the developer access for you (who will
became the de-facto coordinator for Lao)

Ciao
--
Luigi