Small freeze break on kontact stable

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Thu Jan 14 19:49:35 GMT 2021

Karl Ove Hufthammer skreiv 10.01.2021 19:36:
> I’m not too familiar with how the ‘check-tp-kde’ sieve works, but for
> any translators using Pology, you can run this command (from the
> ‘messages’ folder) to get a list of invalid appdata screenshot strings.
>
>   posieve find-messages -scomment:'path: screenshot/caption' -sactive
> -smsgstr:'\.$' */*.appdata.po

Turns out this command was too strict. There are screenshot captions in
*.metainfo.po files too. Use this command line instead:

posieve find-messages -scomment:'path: screenshot/caption' -sactive
-smsgstr:'\.$' */*.appdata.po */*.metainfo.po

If you use the Pology ‘check-rules’ sieve, you can add this to a rule file:

[\.$]
valid !comment="path: screenshot/caption"
hint="Screenshot captions in appdata files can’t end with a period"

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer