Small freeze break on kontact stable

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 10 22:55:19 GMT 2021

El diumenge, 10 de gener de 2021, a les 23:41:15 CET, Josep Ma. Ferrer va escriure:

> El 10/1/21 a les 19:36, Karl Ove Hufthammer ha escrit:
> > Albert Astals Cid skreiv 10.01.2021 19:01:
> >> It's not for all appdata strings, it seems only applies to
> >> screenshot/caption (no idea why).
> >>
> >> Yes, i guess we could check this in pology or even a svn commit hook,
> >> but given this doesn't seem to happen almost never personally i'm not
> >> sure it's a good investment.
> >>
> >> But if someone has patches let's review them and get them in:)
> >
> > I’m not too familiar with how the ‘check-tp-kde’ sieve works, but for
> > any translators using Pology, you can run this command (from the
> > ‘messages’ folder) to get a list of invalid appdata screenshot strings.
> >
> >   posieve find-messages -scomment:'path: screenshot/caption' -sactive
> > -smsgstr:'\.$' */*.appdata.po
> >
> > Adding ‘-slokalize’ will in theory open the strings in Lokalize, but
> > doesn’t work on my system anymore, as my OS doesn’t provide a
> > ‘python-dbus’ package for Python anymore (and pip2 can’t find any such
> > package).
> >

> Thanks, this posieve command works fine.
>
> But the best way to solve this problem is avoiding the ending period in
> the original messages.

Yes, of course, i mean it's not enough for the validation that the translations are ok, the original string also needs to be correct.

> I have found the ending period in the following
> appdata files:
>
> atelier/org.kde.atelier.appdata.po
> elf-dissector/org.kde.elf-dissector.appdata.po
> heaptrack/org.kde.heaptrack.appdata.po
> itinerary/org.kde.itinerary.appdata.po
> kairo/org.kde.kairo.appdata.po
> kalarm/org.kde.kalarm.appdata.po
> kontact/org.kde.kontact.appdata.po
> ktimer/org.kde.ktimer.appdata.po
> massif-visualizer/org.kde.massif-visualizer.appdata.po
> rkward/org.kde.rkward.appdata.po
> rsibreak/org.kde.rsibreak.appdata.po

Can someone file issues on bugs.kde.org or merge requests in invent.kde.org for all of those? (not kontact, it's the one i fixed today)