Gcompris in arabic

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Feb 16 23:21:48 GMT 2021

El dimarts, 16 de febrer de 2021, a les 3:20:26 CET, amine amine va escriure:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2021, 00:12 Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > El dilluns, 15 de febrer de 2021, a les 22:11:37 CET, amine amine va
> > escriure:
> > > Here is my first arabic po file for gcompris stable 1.0 verision.
> > (Attached
> > > as .po ar-MA file Morocco)
> >
> > Apologies if I'm making wrong assumptions, I understand there's something
> > like "standard Arabic" which is basically somewhat different of what
> > "normal people" use on streets in the huge extension of places where Arabic
> > is spoken, it's my understanding that we would want that "standard Arabic"
> > for the 'ar' translation of KDE, right?
> >
> > Yes, for sure, the ar translation refers to this standard arabic.
> >
> > I'm a bit confused by your mention of Morocco and how/if that would affect
> > the translation.
> >
> > I just wanted to write more details concerning which locales i'm using.
> >

> > > I'm still waiting for enabling Arabic translation for me.
> >
> > Did you send the wrong file? There's 2800 untranslated messages in that
> > .po file.
> >
> No, it is the right file, i just wanted to share it with you, i'm working
> on it at my own pace. I target the mid-march gcompris deadline for the
> translation update.
>
> I'm just sharing my first .po file enhancement. Waiting for the acceptance
> among the ar team.

I can only check if the file is a valid .po file (so far so good), not the language since we don't have anyone that speaks Arabic around right now.

I think it's better if you complete it as much as possible before we commit it (send it to me once you have it "ready")

Just to be sure: after I do the first commit we will ask you you apply for a contributor account, and until other Arabic people appera, you will be the only representative of the Arabic team.