Can we move kf5_entry.desktop files into kconfigwidgets.git?

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 21:54:41 BST 2021

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 10:30 PM Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Alexander Potashev ha scritto:
> > That said, the licensing problem you're likely referring to already
> > exists and it will not become worse if we move the kf5_entry files'
> > source-of-truth from SVN to Git.
>
> That's not relevant. The point is that everything will end up in the same
> kconfigwidgets._desktop_ file and unless you want to lose the old messages
> that would mean merging, but that's complicated.

Ah, now I see what you mean.

Notice that `kconfigwidgets._desktop_.pot` only contains 1 message "US
English" currently. I believe it makes sense to
 1. Drop all translations for kconfigwidgets._desktop_.pot, then
 2. Rename all l10n._desktop_.po as kconfigwidgets._desktop_.po in SVN,
 3. As a result, translators would only need to fill in translations
for that message "US English" once again.

This way the histories of `kconfigwidgets._desktop_.po` files would be
preserved (assuming SVN tooling can follow file renames.)

--
Alexander Potashev