Akademy meeting notes

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Sun Sep 20 17:09:39 BST 2020

Yaron Shahrabani skreiv 20.09.2020 17:46:
> Well, having another way of communication can't possibly damage the
> former ones,

I guess one thing that I’m kind of worried about is that offline
translation will gradually become a second-class citizen. If one asks
for a clarification for a string in Weblate, and someone adds a
response, that response is only visible for the people *using* Weblate.
It’s stored in some opaque database, instead of being stored in the
actual translation files. Until now, we would ask on this mailing list
(or in Bugzilla, or the application’s mailing list), and someone
knowledgable would add a comment or a message context in the source
code. This would then be become visible both for the developers and all
translators, no matter which tool they used (Lokalize, Poedit, …).

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer