Akademy meeting notes

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Sep 20 16:30:34 BST 2020

неділя, 20 вересня 2020 р. 18:10:29 EEST Karl Ove Hufthammer написано:
> > We agreed that moving the data files over application repositories makes
> > sense. This way on the svn we only have things whose translations are
> > done via po files. Will need to contact developers to convince them it's
> > a good thing too :) Unrelated to that we need to improve discoverability
> > of which applications have translatable data files.
> KTuberling has solved this in a nice way. There’s a special string in
> ktuberling.po(t) with the following msgid (and a msgctx of ‘NOTE TO THE
> TRANSLATORS’):
>
>     The translators have the opportunity to translate the\n
>     sounds spoken in the game.\n
>     See the technical reference section in ktuberling's\n
>     documentation for more information on how to do that.\n
>     (translate this message as "DONE" when you have translated\n
>     the sounds; otherwise leave it untranslated as a reminder)

Hi,

Actually, there is a link in the Translation How-To on all of these resources:

https://techbase.kde.org/Localization/List_of_Non-PO_Localizable_Resources

and the links on how to translate them on the corresponding page.

What else can we do to make it even more visible?

Best regards,
Yuri