Remarks on the footer of the https://kde.org/fr/distributions/ page

Xavier Besnard (Perso) xavier.besnard at neuf.fr
Wed Dec 9 15:50:31 GMT 2020

Hello.

I am a French translator of KDE. Yesterday, I checked my French
translation for the https://kde.org/fr/distributions/ page.

I have two remarks on it:

 1. The sentence for the last paragraph (included in the
    "menu_footer_shared.po" file) looks incorrect :

        logo](https://kde.org/media/images/trademark_kde_gear_black_logo.png)
        are registered trademarks of [KDE e.V.](https://ev.kde.org/
        "Homepage of the
          KDE non-profit Organization")

        Should it be something with correct settings for hypertext links?

        href="https://kde.org/media/images/trademark_kde_gear_black_logo.png">logo</a>
        are registered trademarks of [KDE e.V.](<a
        href="https://ev.kde.org"> Homepage of the KDE non-profit
        Organization.</a>)

 2. In the page in French, one paragraph remained in English, even if
    translated in French (One paragraph in the "promo.po" file). Just a
    question of update?

    openSUSE comes in two versions. Leap, a stable distribution with
    regular releases, comes with LTS versions of Linux, Qt and Plasma.
    Tumbleweed, a rolling distribution with the latest versions of all
    packages
    SUSE is a KDE Patron.

Lastly, I have just one question on the process to integrate
translations in the webpages.

If I make some translation fixes for a web page, are they taken into
account, in (pseudo) real time, or just when the page is updated  by the
admin?

Regards. Xavier