Fwd: Re: 3.4 releas plan for translations

Thomas Diehl th.diehl at gmx.net
Tue Jan 4 09:53:01 CET 2005

Subject: Re: 3.4 releas plan for translations
Date: Montag 03 Januar 2005 22:46
From: Stephan Kulow <coolo at kde.org>
To: kde-core-devel at kde.org
Cc: kde-i18n-doc at kde.org

Am Montag 03 Januar 2005 20:05 schrieb heiko.evermann at gmx.de:
> And it would be nice to include such info into the release
> plans. I guess that quite a number of other translators would
> also like to know.

If not stated otherwise, translation changes are handled as code
 changes.

This means: February 5th is the last day for translations checkins
 to be part of beta2 and february 22nd is the last day for
 translations to be included in final release. With the final
 release preparations a _BRANCH will be created, before that
 everything happens in HEAD.

Translations are in no way critical to the overall release if
 handled with reasonable care. For most obvious problems I have
 scripts to catch and fix before release. The only problem with
 translations is the overall size, so I can't update a set of
 kde-i18n tar balls on short notice, so I'm usually very
 conservative in what changes are allowed when we come close to a
 release.

Greetings, Stephan