Translations copyright

Josep Ma. Ferrer txemaq at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:08:37 GMT 2019

El dijous, 10 de gener de 2019, a les 7:11:11 CET, Scarlett Gately Moore va
escriure:
> Hello,
> I have been running into issues with copyright while packaging for debian.
> There does not seem to be agreement on whether
> # Translation of plasma_applet_org.kde.plasma.wacomtablet.po to Catalan
> (Valencian)
> # Copyright (C) 2013-2016 This_file_is_part_of_KDE
> # This file is distributed under the license LGPL version 2.1 or
> # version 3 or later versions approved by the membership of KDE e.V.
>
> I read LGPL-2.1+ or LGPL-3+ but others read LGPL-2.1 or LGPL-3 can you
> clarify for me. I see this is several other packages as well.
> Thank you,
> Scarlett

Hi Scarlett,

Our team use the recommended licensing policy from KDE [1].

Some years ago, we agreed to use the most generic licensing policy for our
Catalan translations (from 4th requirement in the licensing page [1]):

LGPL version 2.1, or version 3 or later versions approved by the membership of
KDE e.V.

Is this license a problem for Debian packaging?

Best regards,

Josep Ma. Ferrer

[1] https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy