[Kde-hardware-devel] Integrating a non-standard bluetooth device

David Rosca nowrep at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 08:25:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 12:29 AM, Paulo Motta <prmottajr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am new to the list and I was experimenting with a BLE device, trying to
> connect with my own C program. While testing I could manage to connect to it
> with the KDE Bluetooth application via the tray icon, however no services
> were exposed since it is, as I said, non standard (it is not a mouse nor
> phone).

What is your device and what services that it offers would you want to use?

> I was wondering, if someone could point me to the source code for the KDE
> bluetooth stack so that I could try to integrate my device, exposing some
> functionality to the system.

First of all, it would be needed to add support for LE devices in
bluez-qt [1]. You can find everything about it in BlueZ doc [2] -
(mainly gatt-api.txt). I am planning to work on it eventually, but I
won't have enough free time in next months and also I didn't find any
useful usecase (as the BLE services are somewhat mobile-oriented and
not that useful on desktop).

Alternatively, you can use Qt Bluetooth module that already has
support for LE devices.

Regards,
David

[1] https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=bluez-qt.git