[Kde-hardware-devel] [GSoC] Proposal: Pointing Devices KCM

Alexander Mezin mezin.alexander at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 02:10:33 UTC 2015

Hello.

I plan to participate in GSoC this year, and I would like to propose
following project.

Currently there are separate KCMs for mouse and touchpad.
Theoretically, they should have a lot in common. However, they have
completely different UI and completely different code. Sometimes they
conflict - changes in mouse settings affect touchpad too.

I want to replace these two KCMs with single "Pointing Devices" KCM.
It'll be able to configure both touchpads and mouses, store per-device
configurations.

Details: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/student/google/gsoc2015/sanya_m/5795407678406656