[Kde-hardware-devel] [GSoC] Project: Make Libbluedevil Async

David Rosca nowrep at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 22:35:14 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I am interested in a project "Make libbluedevil async". I'd like to
introduce myself and get more info about this project.

I am a second year student in Computer Science. I have some experience with
C++ and Qt from school and from my own projects [1].
This is my second year attempting to participate in GSoC. Last year I also
worked
on project under KDE. I was porting QZeitgeist library [2].

I was looking through the (lib)bluedevil code and I have a question.

How exactly do you want to make the library async? I can see that there is
a BlueDevil::asyncCall (for Device class) method for making async calls.
Should the other classes be made asynchronous this way too (so both
synchronous
and asynchronous API is available)?
Or change the API, that it will only be available asynchronous?

Thanks,
David Rosca

[1] https://github.com/nowrep
[2]