[Kde-hardware-devel] PowerDevil fake backend

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Mon May 13 20:06:31 UTC 2013

Hi there,

as you've probably seen I'm working on improving the situation with multiple
batteries in KDE. As I do not have such hardware (can only once in a while
check in the office) I was wondering how I could use the Solid fake backend.

On the Forge2 Todo list I found, among other things, the point "Fake backend",
does that mean it is not yet working or usable? Actually I don't need any
particular PowerDevil stuff but just Solid device/battery things such as
isPowerSupply() and battery type(), so I can pretend to have a mouse battery
or similar devices.

Thanks!

Greetings