[Kde-hardware-devel] Bof in akademy

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Mon Jul 1 10:15:36 UTC 2013

On Friday 28 June 2013 14:32:30 Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> 2013/6/28 Lamarque V. Souza <lamarque at kde.org>:
> > plasma-nm has two regressions to fix before any release: 1. Bluetooth
> > connection creation. Bluedevil calles networkmanagement_configshell for
> > this, we need to implement something that works for both networkmanagement
> > and plasma-nm.
>
> IMO the best would for bluedevil to call a DBus activated service like
> org.kde.bluetooth_connection, this has the benefit for bluedevil first
> check if the interface is available to be activated, and if not disable
> the feature. This will even work if both are installed.

We can do something like that, yes. We can figure it out in the bof and write
the needed code.

Personally I would prefer if bluedevil could talk with networkmanager, and
make this exclusive (only one networkmanager interface can have this).

A solution will be networkmanager registering a service in the bus, and
bluedevil calling it.